Sunday, October 10, 2010

D-School

I went to Stanford last Thursday, loaded with high hopes. Its been years sense I've been there, the school is beautiful, and huge. I quickly realized this is a private school. Their tuition isn't the only thing that reflects that fact they are a private school. I couldn't get in to any building, I had to do my observations from out side the windows. Every student has a key to the building they need. I was disappointed at first but soon made the realization that if they dont let anyone in, then the observation for my project wouldn't be relavant. Im not researching a private lounge, our Fine Arts Lobby is 100% public, relavant observations would have to be dont in also public areas. I had the same problem At the Academe of Art, couldn't get past the doorman. And I was on the other end of the spectrum last year at Brunel. Swipe cards controlled every building. But when you design for a private group in oppose to a public different considerations have to be taken. My future observations will be in public areas

1 comment:

  1. ohh come on you just needed to walk in directly after someone else! sometimes you got to sneak in : D

    Check out CCA, they have really great public area's and you can sign in as a visitor...

    ReplyDelete